Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

Sorry to reply to a random entry in this thread. However I lost/deleted
the originating post. At any rate here is a more well thought out idea
then just setting a reply-to header.

This seems to come up rather regularly on this list. Perhaps it might
make sense to have a FAQ somewhere that is mailed to any new user that
subscribes to the list. This way it can answer some of the common
questions that people have, including this one. Again I think it is
important to realize that some people that subscribe to this list are
not going to know about why reply-to is considered bad, or that their
mail client should probably support a reply to list feature (case in
point is myself, who until two days ago did not realize this).

At any rate I think something like a FAQ that is mailed as part of the
confirmation process would be a good idea.

--
 o)    Derek Wueppelmann               (o
(D .    monkey@monkey.homeip.net        D).