Re: what do i need to run QT on Debian(sarge)?

Michal Simovic wrote:

hi, i've installed libqt3-mt-dev and g++, but still could not find any C++ developing GUI. nothing appeared in KDE menu, nothing (gui-looking-like executable) i found in directory tree..

maybe this wasn't right but i again apt-cache searched for "qt3 gui" and found "libqt3c102" and installed it.. the situation remained the same :(

as you can i see i'm really new to programming environments on linux, the only thing i know is editors like Quanta :) now i expected to get a GUI object oriented programming environmnet like Kylix, is QT a similar thing at all? sorry for dumb questions.

Just my 2 cents, but I stay away from GUI IDE's. Too many notes.
Install qt3-examples and qt3-doc.

Then just use a regular editor and look through their jillions of examples for something that is to your liking.

Then use their qmake binary to create your Makefile and make your .cpp piece of code.

Look through their docs: they are very complete.

I started years ago with qt-1.89 I think. Now I have a huge library with all sorts of code, just completed a vcstime replacement that does marine chimes, via QT's simple-server example and their timer events.

Don't give up, you'll get there.