Re: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?

On 13:54, Wed 24 Aug 05, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:56:20PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> > debian users:
> >
> > I am tired of replying to messages on this list, only to realize that
> > my reply went to the message author and not to the list.  It is my
> > understanding that the people in charge of this list think that his
> > behavior is a feature, not a bug.  I disagree.
>
> You clearly don't know why Reply-To isn't set, so why not google the
> list archives and find out? Same goes for every self-confessed newbie
> who replied "Yes".
>
> --
> Jon Dowland               http://jon.dowland.name/
> FD35 0B0A C6DD 5D91 DB7A  83D1 168B 4E71 7032 F238

This usually comes up every couple of months, followed by a
few responses of why munging is considered bad.

So I will post the url to save a few people the hassle, or
those who are too lasy to search the archives.

I have to agree 100% with Jon, if you read the mailing list
rules you would of found that out. This whole call a vote is
very Usenet thinking. It doesn't even work in Usenet, even
if the group has a charter, just look at all the groups that
have a charter and no one follows the rules.

Of course this is a mailing list, that happens to be posted
to Usenet, which is a difference. I am all for helping out
the new users, but it must be said that a little research
can go a long way.

Gnu_Raiz