Re: terminfo problems w/sarge

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 10:54:02PM -0400, John Kerr Anderson wrote:
> Hi I recently tried to change some of my terminfo settings and now
> everything terminal related runs poorly.  I have 2 vt320 terminals and
> wanted to change the setting variable smkx but now everything runs
> horribly.  I can't get reverse video, underline, bold or anythying.  I
> tried an xterm and it won't even display colours, line drawing or the
> like.

How and why did you try to change smkx?  On my system, whether TERM is
vt100, xterm or vt320, "tput smkx" outputs these characters:

$ tput smkx | od -tx1z
0000000 1b 5b 3f 31 68 1b 3d                             >.[?1h.=<
0000007

In the worst case, if you changed other things and can't seem to change
them back, you could reinstall ncurses and other ncurses-* packages.

--
Knowledge, sir, should be free to all!
		-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3