sftp sets acl mask to r--

Hi,

If I use sftp to upload a file to a directory, for some reason
the acl mask of the file created is set to r-- instead of
inheriting the default acl from the directory. For example:

cladms003:/var/Share/Packages/Tapestry# getfacl -d .
# file: .
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
group:staff:r-x
mask::r-x
other::---

If I update a file test.sh using sftp, then:

cladms003:/var/Share/Packages/Tapestry# getfacl test.sh
# file: test.sh
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rw-
group::r-x                      #effective:r--
group:staff:r-x                 #effective:r--
mask::r--
other::---

As you can see, now the default group and staff group no
longer have execute right on the file.

Any solution?

Thanks!