Re: OT: GUI Develpment for C++ program

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:01:38AM -0400, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> On 8/23/05, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
> >  The point is that
> > GTK (under the LGPL) and wxWidgets (under a modified LGPL) provide more
> > fexibility to the developer.
> >

> "Flexibility" can't be defined by the licensing alone.  The quality of
> the toolkit (libraries, documentation, tutorials, etc) should also be
> considered.

Indeed, and let me put in a plug for wxWidgets. It is a simply fantastic
toolkit!

I find it quicker and easier to develop GUI apps using wxWidgets than
many so called RAD languages.

The more I use it, the more I marvel at it's cunning design features and
time savning lbraries and classes.

Plus, you get the immediate advantage of *native* cross-platform.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a