Re: OT: GUI Develpment for C++ program

On 8/23/05, Wackojacko <wackojacko32@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> In the process of learning C++ and have written a program to solve Sudoku
> grids, I know there are loads of them already :), and was just wondering
> what would be the easiest/best way to write a GUI for it.

"Easiest" and "best" are both very subjective.  However, my earlier
GUI-building attempts were with perl (and later python) + Tk.  I put
together a cellular automata toy in C++ and then interfaced it to
python for the GUI, which worked nicely and wasn't too difficult.
It's perhaps not as "good" as using a toolkit like Qt (or GTK+ or
whatever), but it *does* allow you to do pretty rapid development of
the GUI.  It's also useful to learn if you think you might want to put
together scripts that use a GUI, since Tk's pretty easy to use.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh