Re: Bind 9.2.4-1 very slow in resolving uncached querres

Hi guys,

now updated to bind 9.3.1 from etch. Added "-4" to /etc/default/bind9
so that OPTIONS="-4 -u bind".

Still any query even with forward only to my ISP's DNS servers takes a
few seconds. With logging enabled, some interesting results can be
seen. This is what "dig www.google.com" gives me.

22-Aug-2005 21:36:29.471 client 127.0.0.1#33178: query: www.google.com IN A +
22-Aug-2005 21:36:34.472 client 127.0.0.1#33178: query: www.google.com IN A +
22-Aug-2005 21:36:39.473 client 127.0.0.1#33178: query: www.google.com IN A +

It looks like the same query is repeated multiple times with the
interval of preciselly 5 seconds.

Could anyone explain why this is happening? I am tearing my hair out....

Martynas