Re: using unstable & experimental package on testing

Hi

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 01:50:50PM +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bookmarked a link in the debian doc, but I lost it.
>
> I run a Debian testing, but want to add 2 or 3 packages from unstable
> and experimental.
>
> As it is done with backports, is there a clean way to select just some
> binary packages? I know I run into some dependencies problems, but I
> dont want to entirely switch my distribution to unstable or experimental
> just for one package I maintain.
>
> Also, If you knew the technical term for what I want, that would help me
> to search on Internet if I ever loose the bookmark again...

Did you mean this here?
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html
Specially Section 3.8 How to keep a mixed system, and section 3.9 How
to upgrade packages from specific versions of Debian, and 3.10 How to
keep specific versions of packages installed (complex).

hth

p.s.: sorry that i firstly had replied directly, and not to the list.