Re: LVM help -- resize filesystem ?

Jay Zach wrote:
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me, I think I'm stuck. I want to replace one of my drives, a 4gb in my physical volume with an 18gb drive. I have no more free drive slots, so I need to reduce it out of the set first. I've created plenty of room across the volume to do it. I'm just having problems finding what I need to do now-- I think I need to resize my filesystem, but not sure, and if so, not sure how. After that I think I can doa lvreduce and pvmove, or something along those lines.

Here is my pvscan -- sdb1 is the one I'd like to replace:

BBM:~# pvscan
  PV /dev/sdb1   VG Vol1   lvm2 [4.23 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/sdc1   VG Vol1   lvm2 [8.47 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/sdd1   VG Vol1   lvm2 [8.47 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/sde1   VG Vol1   lvm2 [8.47 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/sdf1   VG Vol1   lvm2 [8.47 GB / 0    free]
  Total: 5 [38.11 GB] / in use: 5 [38.11 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks :)

N/M.  I guess I just needed to post for help to get myself motivated. :)

I finally found the few pieces of the puzzle I was missing.

Here's what I did for reference:

BBM:/home/jzach# e2fsck -f /dev/Vol1/shared
BBM:/home/jzach# resize2fs -p /dev/Vol1/shared 25G
BBM:~# lvreduce -L -5G /dev/Vol1/shared
BBM:~# pvmove /dev/sdb1
  mirror: Required device-mapper target(s) not detected in your kernel

BBM:~# modprobe dm-mirror
BBM:~# pvmove /dev/sdb1
vgreduce Vol1 /dev/sdb1

echo $package has manual pages available in source form.
echo "However, you don't have nroff, so they're probably useless to you."
             -- Larry Wall in Configure from the perl distribution

Saturday Aug 20, 2005

begin:vcard
fn:Jay Zach
n:Zach;Jay
org:CBI;IS
adr;dom:;;1500 N. Ritter;Indianapolis;IN
email;internet:jayzach@verizon.net
title:NT Administrator
tel;work:(317) 355
tel;cell:(317) 339-3525