Mounting samba directories as /home

Hi all, I've been trying to get my Samba home directories to mount as
/home/username for users for awhile now, with a lot of problems and would like
to see if anyone has good suggestions, or example working configs ;)

Here are my two relevant lines in fstab:

//BBM/user1 /home/user1 smbfs
credentials=/etc/samba/credentials/.user1,uid=506,gid=501  0 0

//BBM/user2 /home/user2 smbfs
credentials=/etc/samba/credentials/.user2,uid=511,gid=502  0 0

Problem 1)  This seems to work as long as I'm in console mode, but as soon as I
try to run X I get errors that it cant' create the .Xauthority file

I'm just working with a couple users right now (user1 and user2), but would like
to see if there is some way to work it for all users in /etc/fstab like doing:
//BBM/user$ /home/user$ smbfs ....etc....

these home directories are mapped to Windows workstations as the I: drive for
each user in the Samba domain.

Also, I authenticate all my linux users against openldap on BBM, but haven't yet
gotten Samba to authenticate my Windows users against it.  Would it help if I
got that piece working ??

Thanks for any insight.

Life is an exciting business, and most exciting when it is lived for others.

Saturday Aug 20, 2005

Things worth having are worth cheating for.

Saturday Aug 20, 2005

begin:vcard
fn:Jay Zach
n:Zach;Jay
org:CBI;IS
adr;dom:;;1500 N. Ritter;Indianapolis;IN
email;internet:jayzach@verizon.net
title:NT Administrator
tel;work:(317) 355
tel;cell:(317) 339-3525