Re: trouble with "apt-get install apache-ssl"

Will Trillich wrote:

> after finally giving up (insert frustrated sigh here) trying to
> configure ssl with apache, we tried "apache-ssl" and had more
> trouble -- as if the install script did something screwy:
>
> # apt-get install apache-ssl
> <answer dialog re: certificate creation>
> Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
> ...................++++++
> ............++++++
> writing new private key to '/etc/apache-ssl/apache.pem'
> -----
> Replacing config file /etc/apache-ssl/httpd.conf with new
> version
>
> Creating config file /etc/apache-ssl/srm.conf with new version
>
> Creating config file /etc/apache-ssl/access.conf with new
> version
> Configuration syntax error detected. Not reloading.
>
> Syntax error on line 418 of /etc/apache-ssl/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'TypesConfig', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by
> a module not included in the server configuration
> invoke-rc.d: initscript apache-ssl, action "start" failed.

This kind of error message occurs when modules are being referenced which
are not loaded.
Compare your modules.conf from the apache-ssl directory with the one in your
apache directory. You will probably want to load the missing modules (if
any).
This should be done with the apache-modconf utility.

Jan

>--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g