Re: emacs syntax colorizing only comments and strings in ruby-mode

creightiok@email.galacticnorth.net on 19/08/05 00:08, wrote:
Help!

When editing Ruby code, emacs syntax highlighting is only colorizing
strings and comments!  Somehow I managed to hit some keys (in emacs)
that made the colorizing work correctly earlier today, but when I
quit and restarted emacs the nice colors went away.

I've tried removing my .emacs file.

I've tried adding these to my .emacs file:
  (setq font-lock-use-default-fonts t)
  (setq font-lock-use-default-colors t)
  (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)

Here are the emacs packages I have installed:
ii  emacs21        21.4a-1
ii  emacs21-bin-co 21.4a-1
ii  emacs21-common 21.4a-1
ii  emacsen-common 1.4.16
ii  psgml          1.3.1-13
ii  ruby-elisp     1.8.2-1
ii  ruby1.8-elisp  1.8.2-7sarge1

I *think* I had the same problem with the php-elisp package before I
removed it because it wasn't highlighting anything.

Are you sure it's in ruby-mode when you're editing?

I'm no expert but I've got this in my .emacs which look like it might help you:

;;; FONT-LOCK COLOURS
(cond ((fboundp 'global-font-lock-mode)
       ;; TURN ON FONT-LOCK IN ALL MODES THAT SUPPORT IT
       (global-font-lock-mode t)
       ;; MAXIMUM COLORS
       (setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)))