Re: problem with setting openoffice to A4...

On Thursday 18 August 2005 08:37 am, Charlie wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:42:01 +0200 using the keyboard as a tool Bruno
crafted
> these words:
>
>     |- Hello!
>     |-
>     |- trying to get rid of this annoying US-Letter problem... if i could
> purge
>     |- the whole system of any occurence of that paper type i would....
>     |-
>     |- this is getting very annoying...
>     |-
>     |- there's no way to get openoffice to print on A4 paper....
>     |-
>     |- i went through messages on the net, tryed first
>     |- SAL_DISABLE_CUPS=1 openoffice
>     |- openoffice still wants to use letter....
>     |-
>     |- modifyed /etc/openoffice/psprint.conf
>     |- now starting openoffice the printer settings starts with A4, but no
> luck
>     |- what so ever... as soon as i try to print, it reverts back to
> letter....
>     |-
>     |-
>     |- is there any solution in sight???
>     |-
>     |- should i file a bug report for this??
>     |-
>     |- --
>     |- ciao bboett
>     |- ==============================================================
>     |- bboett@adlp.org
>     |- http://inforezo.u-strasbg.fr/~bboett
>     |- ===============================================================
>     |-
>     |-
>     |- --
>     |- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
>     |- with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
> listmaster@lists.debian.org
>     |-
>

> I am not certain that this is a good workaround but one that I use. Creating
> template with all the attributes I require, A4 paper in the main, and then
> through the templates dialogue make this the default.
>
> Then that is what will be used throughout.
>
> I have not made the explanation more detailed assuming that you know of what
> speak, if not i will go into more detail.
>
> Charlie.
>
> *************
> Registered Linux User:- 329524
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Of what significance are the things you can forget.
> .............................Henry David Thoreau

listmaster@lists.debian.org

bboett,

Are you using CUPS?  I take it that you are by your message that you tried to
change the default CUPS setting in OO.  If so, try setting A4 as your default
page size.  Although I have never needed to change my default paper size
(since, of course, I am an American and anything non-letter size helps fund
terrorism), it seems like a logical step.

Please let me know via the user list the results.

Regards,

Steve Siebert