Re: xterm and keypad

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 04:02:29PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2005-08-16 00:46:20 -0500, Asher Bond wrote:
> > It appears that I'm in application mode, but there's no difference
> > between the arrows on the numpad and the regular arrows. when I use
> > page up and page down I get the tilde (~).
> >
> > I'm accessing my shell (zsh) account via ssh (putty).
>
> The shell is *not* in application mode.
>
> > Ultimately, I'd like to be using screen, but my shell account
> > defaults to xterm when I echo $TERM.
>
> This doesn't prevent you from using screen.

Screen continues to work; however, when in application mode,
the arrow keys on the numpad are exactly the same as the other arrow keys.
Also, the enter key on the keypad is the same as the normal enter key.
I would like these keys to give distinct codes so that I can get additional
functionality from them when in application mode. This problem occurs
even when I'm not using screen.

> You may also be able to retrieve the correct value of $TERM via
> your .zshenv or .ssh/rc (warning when you are doing changes: in
> case of mistake, you may no longer be able to connect).

when I added echo $TERM to .ssh/rc I got this:

Last login: Tue Aug 16 12:29:25 2005 from 192.168.0.188
xterm

I got the same result by adding it to .zshenv