Apt-Get udev and the Newest Kernel

My problem is (possibly) three-fold:

I dist-upgraded to Sid a few hours ago and haven't fully installed it
because udev can not be installed with the 2.6.11 kernel. So, I need
the 2.6.12 kernel, but it isn't a kernel-image. So, I must make one
myself, which I am quite willing to do.

However, apt-get refuses to do any thing until the udev situation is
resolved. And, trying to
make my own kernel image require many (many) packages which requires
apt-get (to do it via dpkg -i would take a blasted long time indeed).
So, I should like to know what I should to do. If I force udev to
install with the 2.6.11 kernel, create a 2.6.12 kernel-image, install
this, will udev automatically fix itself to work with the 2.6.12
kernel?

If not, what should I do?

I thank you kindly in advance.