Re: bttv/streamer: no audio recorded

Hi,

It was very long since you have posted your question, but if you haven't found
solution please look at the bttv-HOWTO at
http://www.linux.com/howtos/BTTV/recording.shtml
It was very helpfull for me with one change:
I could not make btaudio working, but finally managed to record AVI with audio
via line input of the primary sound card:

$ amixer -c 0 cget name='Capture Source'
numid=30,iface=MIXER,name='Capture Source'
  ; type=ENUMERATED,access=rw---,values=2,items=8
  ; Item #0 'Mic'
  ; Item #1 'CD'
  ; Item #2 'Video'
  ; Item #3 'Aux'
  ; Item #4 'Line'
  ; Item #5 'Mix'
  ; Item #6 'Mix Mono'
  ; Item #7 'Phone'
  : values=4,4

$ amixer cset name='Capture Source' 4
numid=30,iface=MIXER,name='Capture Source'
  ; type=ENUMERATED,access=rw---,values=2,items=8
  ; Item #0 'Mic'
  ; Item #1 'CD'
  ; Item #2 'Video'
  ; Item #3 'Aux'
  ; Item #4 'Line'
  ; Item #5 'Mix'
  ; Item #6 'Mix Mono'
  ; Item #7 'Phone'
  : values=4,4

$ amixer cset name='Capture Volume' 15
numid=32,iface=MIXER,name='Capture Volume'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw---,values=2,min=0,max=15,step=0
  : values=15,15

then:
$ streamer -t 00:10 -r 25 -a -F stereo -o movie.avi

Regards,
Marek