Power Save Mode for monitor.

How do I start 'kapmd'? The reason I ask is that I have two groups of machines with similar configurations. However one group's monitors never enter power save mode while at the KDM greeter. I noticed that 'kapmd' is not running on this group of machines, which I'm guessing is the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Rob
--

"Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side. It's that part of every man that finds kinds of ugliness so attractive."
 -- Mother Night, Kurt Vonnegut