Network card recommendation

Not to start a war, but . . .

What's the definitive, must-have, kick-ass, bestest, baddest network card - that has Linux kernel driver support of course.

I'd like an answer for both the 100BaseT and 1000BaseT competitions. I've tried various Google, searches, and haven't gotten a real comfortable answer. I tried looking over some of Donald Becker's comments on the scyld.com site - but unless I'm misreading it, they're a little old and don't quite answer what I'm looking for.

So where should I look? The Intel Pro/S? The Netgear FA-311? Linksys LNE100TX?

Daniel