Re: Kernel 2.6.8-2-686 panics

Chris Phillips writes:
Hi Martin,

I have installed kernel 2.6.8-2 686 on a newly
installed sarge machine, P4 on an Asus P5P800, on startup the kernel panics saying /dev/console not found, however /dev/console exists, how can this situation
be rectified.

Have you just upgraded from a 2.4.27 to 2.6 kernel? Do
you have SATA disks? The change of SATA drivers from
the ide to SCSI layer caused similar problems.

Yes the install is on a sata disk, it works fine with 2.4.27, is there some kind of reconfiguration I can do to get this up and running?

--
Martin Smith