Re: control-b in konsole

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 11:28:51AM +0200, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 09:38:13AM -0400, Ron Peterson wrote:
> > There is a ctrl-b function in konsole that brings up a little dialog
> > "Add Bookmark - Konsole".  Where it comes from, I don't know.  How to
> > shut it off, I don't know either.  For an emacs bigot such as myself,
> > it's extremely annoying.
> >
> > It's not always turned on.  There's something I'm doing, or a
> > configuration setting that gets activated somehow that turns it on.  I
> > can't find it to save my life.  I'm dying.  Please help.
>
> I don't have this problem and can happily use CTRL-B in Konsole to
> move backwards.  But you could look in Configuration -> Speedkeys (I'm
> guessing the names as I have a Dutch language konsole) to see if Add
> Bookmark is there somewhere, linked with CTRL-B.  I don't see it
> listed on my system though, not even with an empty entry for the
> speedkey.

I think the equivalant on my system is Settings/Configure Shortcuts...
I've searched that dialog until my eyes hurt.  Nothing there.  :(

> I do see the following in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals:
> AddBookmark=Ctrl+B
>
> I'm not sure where you would normally change this, but you could
> probably just edit this with your favorite editor and either delete
> this line or change it to use a different key combo.  You may need to
> restart KDE or at least fire up Konsole again.

Thanks.

I don't have that line in my kdeglobals.  I recursively grep'd for
addbookmark (-i of course) in /etc/kde3 also, w/ no luck.

I added an AddBookmark entry in my kdeglobals, logged out and back into
kde again.  My newly defined shortcut doesn't seem to work.

I've been trying Kubuntu on my laptop.  This little gotcha is driving me
so nuts, by itself it may drive me to revert to good ol' vanilla debian,
which hasn't given me this problem on any system I'm running it on.

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager