Re: control-b in konsole

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 09:38:13AM -0400, Ron Peterson wrote:
> There is a ctrl-b function in konsole that brings up a little dialog
> "Add Bookmark - Konsole".  Where it comes from, I don't know.  How to
> shut it off, I don't know either.  For an emacs bigot such as myself,
> it's extremely annoying.
>
> It's not always turned on.  There's something I'm doing, or a
> configuration setting that gets activated somehow that turns it on.  I
> can't find it to save my life.  I'm dying.  Please help.

I don't have this problem and can happily use CTRL-B in Konsole to
move backwards.  But you could look in Configuration -> Speedkeys (I'm
guessing the names as I have a Dutch language konsole) to see if Add
Bookmark is there somewhere, linked with CTRL-B.  I don't see it
listed on my system though, not even with an empty entry for the
speedkey.

I do see the following in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals:
AddBookmark=Ctrl+B

I'm not sure where you would normally change this, but you could
probably just edit this with your favorite editor and either delete
this line or change it to use a different key combo.  You may need to
restart KDE or at least fire up Konsole again.

HTH,

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse