Re: Any package on Debian to convert a WAVE file into MP3?

> There are
> unofficial packages for encoders (like lame) available from sources
> that can be readily found at http://www.apt-get.org/ .

Hello again,

I got this site that contained the 'lame' package.

deb http://mail.linuxvar.it/~gianluca/athlon-xp testing main

This is the output of the 'file' command which I guess indicates the
type of audio file format.

rec02.wav:  RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, IMA ADPCM, mono 8000 Hz

When I run lame to convert it into MP3 it gives this error and proceeds.

Warning: corrupt or unsupported WAVE format
Assuming raw pcm input file

The converted mp3 file that is created has a hiss. :-(

Any ideas what I can do to get lame to recognize this audio file
format so that it can convert the wave file to mp3?

Thanks

Regards
--
Rishi