Re: Any package on Debian to convert a WAVE file into MP3?

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 12:38:40PM +0530, Rishi wrote:

   > This is the output of the 'file' command which I guess indicates the
   > type of audio file format.

   > rec02.wav:  RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, IMA ADPCM, mono 8000 Hz
   >
   > When I run lame to convert it into MP3 it gives this error and proceeds.

Just an idea looking at the message you have got: Maybe lame does not
convert mono streams. Why not use sox to convert mono to stereo and then
lame to convert it to mp3. It would be better if you can make sox
directly convert to mp3.

If you are comfortable with gui, install lame libs and use audacity to
do the job.

Regarding hiss, use filters in audacity to tone it down.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935