Re: KDE or gnome: How to keep screen saver on - ie No shutdown of screen to black

 C> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:09:30 -0400
 C> Mitchell Laks <mlaks@verizon.net> wrote:

 >> Hi,
 >> I use kde desktop and notice that my screen saver works for a while
 >> and then I get a dark screen. Where is the "power" setting that is
 >> doing this.
 >>
 >> I would like to waste cpu cycles running opengl screensaver instead of
 >> getting black screen.
 >>
 >> I know how to do this on windows.
 >>
 >> At present on the configure-desktop -> display-settings -> power
 >> control"Power control"  is "grayed out" ie not turned on.
 >>
 >> Shouldn't "greyed out" mean
 >> "No Power Control"
 >> ie leave it in its current state -
 >> ie
 >> on all the time?
 >>
 >> Thanks
 >> Mitchell
 >>
 C> sudo xset -dpms  ?

How can I make this setting the default?

It is lost on logout and I'm still searching a central place (script?)
where such settings are made when logging in on panels like kdm, xdm,

Thanks in advance, HP.

Dipl.-Math. Hubert Palme        Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal
                                      Computing  Center
                                      D-42097 Wuppertal
E-Mail: palme@uni-wuppertal.de             (Germany)
http://www.hrz.uni-wuppertal.de/hrz/personen/h_palme.html