Re: KDE or gnome: How to keep screen saver on - ie No shutdown of screen to black

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:05:53 +0200
palme@uni-wuppertal.de (Hubert Palme) wrote:

>  C> sudo xset -dpms  ?
>
> How can I make this setting the default?
>
> It is lost on logout and I'm still searching a central place (script?)
> where such settings are made when logging in on panels like kdm, xdm,
>
> Thanks in advance, HP.

Does KDE use xscreensaver?  If so, go to the "Advanced" tab and turn off
Power Management.  Otherwise I don't know.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,