Debian Sarge (Kernel 2.4.27) wanting BootSplash

Hello everybody,

for some days I am know trying to teach my debian
sarge with kernel 2.4.27 to use bootsplash.

I read many articles in the internet.

All I tried did not lead to a bootsplash screen
and now I have the following questions:

    Why do I not get the option "Device-Drivers-
    Graphics Support" and/or "Console drivers-
    Frame Buffer" to enable what is needed to
    be enabled in "make menuconfig" following
    the several HOW-TO´s??

I am sorry, I just starting with Linux issues 4 weeks
ago, so it would be great to have useful answers for
somebody that "just" some days ago realized why there is
a difference between a command with or without "./"

Thanks in advance,
best regards
Michael.