Re: disk usage of an umounted partition?

I don't know if this is even possible but can I find out the disk
usage of a partition with a unknown or damaged filesystem?

Wouldn't it be possible to extract this quite simple using dumpe2fs?

It seems you can get some usefull numbers from the output of
       $ dumpe2fs <partition> |head -36

E.g. "Block count" - "Free blocks" might give you a hint, someone who
actually knows ext2/3 (or google for a description of it) can
probably work out the exact numbers.

Just a thought, I may very well be wrong.  In any case it would be
interesting to know.

Sincerely yours,
       Emil