Debian Sarge (Kernel 2.4.27) and Bootsplash

Hi.

For some days now I am trying to teach my Debian Sarge
with Kernel 2.4.27 to use Bootsplash.

I read many articles and HOW TO´s, but my results are
not what I want.

It seems to me that I have a very simple problem.

after doing "make menuconfig" regarding the HOW TO´s
I need to enable some options in the kernel.

But the options for "Graphics Support" and/or (some
HOW TO`s mention another possibility) "Console Drivers-
Frame ..." do not show up.

So I can not enable this feature...

The compiling process itself runs through.

Please give me quite simple useful answers, because
I am just into the Linux issue for 4 weeks now.

Thanks in advance,
Bye,
michael