Re: UT2k4 install questions

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 06:36:31PM +0000, Mike Markiw III wrote:

> On the DVD is a file named linux-installer.sh. I su to root and try to execute it when I get the following message:
> bash: ./linux-installer.sh: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

Most likely, the script doesn't have the executable bit set, or the DVD is
mounted 'noexec'.  You have several options, e.g.

* call the shell explicitly, i.e. type
  /bin/sh linux-installer.sh

* copy linux-installer.sh to somewhere where you have write (and execute)
  permission and do a "chmod +x linux-installer.sh".  Then, cd back into
  the directory on the DVD where the original script resides, and call
  the other script (the one you copied) with absolute path from there...

Cheers,
Almut