installing kernel module on install from CD

Does anybody know where i can get the driver ( module ) to install 3.1 onto
a scsi system with an advance scsi card.

I've been to the advansys web page and looked at the installation cd, but
they only have drivers for up to redhad5.2, and they are in zipped tar
format in .c and .h, but i haven't got a Linux box up to compile them.

I can install vanilla but not 10.1

And doe's anybody know how to do a cd install of 3.1 and add the Adaptec
modules i need.

Or does anybody know how to get around the problem of mdadm not running
because something version 0.9 is required. on the Vanilla kernel.

Or does anybody know how to solve the following, which i get when installing
3.1r0a

hw-detect: Detected module advansys for Advanced System products Inc
ABP940-UW
hw-detect: Trying to load module advansys
kernel: scsi subsystem driver Revision 1:00
kernel: scsi0: Advansys SCSI 3.3G: PCI Ultra-wide: PCIMEM
0xEE88FF00-0xEE88FF3F IRQ 0x0B
kernel: advansys: advansys_reset: board 0: SCSI bus reset started
kernel: advansys: advansys_reset: board 0: SCSI bus reset sucessful
kernel: scsi: device set offline -  not read or command retry failed after
bus reset: host 0 channel 0 id 0 lin 0

All thes are stopping me from enjoying Debian :o(

Ken