Re: Severe problems after upgrading some packages

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 05:37:36AM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

> You need to reinstall if you want anything but Sid (unstable).  Period full
> stop, reinstall.  It's quite simple to do a Sarge netinstall.

I should add:  read the instructions at debian.org first. (At least skim
them.) Back up your actual documents first.  I strongly recommend backing up
your /etc/ directory.  You will not have to re-partition your hard drive(s),
although you might choose to.

Last time I did a Sarge install with a fast Internet connection it took less
than an hour plus about thirty minutes for application configuring.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.