Re: woody netinst

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 08:24:33PM -0400, dzpost@dedekind.net wrote:
> Are there net-install CD images for Woody still available somewhere?
> I found the floppy boot disk images, but not CD images.
>
> My /usr partition got hosed before I got around to upgrading to
> sarge.  I'd like to reinstall woody so I can restore the system to its
> previous state before upgrading.  The only alternative I can think of
> is to install sarge from scratch, then manually choose all the same
> packages as I had installed before.  Quite a pain!
>
> Or is there a way to safely use my old /var/lib/dpkg/status file with
> a clean sarge installation?
>
> Thanks for any help.

I think there is not such a thing as Woody Net-install, because net-install
is newer than Woody. The last revision of Woody seems to be 3.0_r6. It is
available at http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian-cd/3.0_r6/jigdo/i386/

For an ordinary installation at a place where you have access to the internet,
you need only the first CD, or in slightly difficult cases the first two CDs.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net