Re: woody netinst

On 09 Aug 2005 20:24:33 -0400, dzpost wrote:
> Are there net-install CD images for Woody still available somewhere?
> I found the floppy boot disk images, but not CD images.
>
> My /usr partition got hosed before I got around to upgrading to
> sarge.  I'd like to reinstall woody so I can restore the system to its
> previous state before upgrading.  The only alternative I can think of
> is to install sarge from scratch, then manually choose all the same
> packages as I had installed before.  Quite a pain!
>
> Or is there a way to safely use my old /var/lib/dpkg/status file with
> a clean sarge installation?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -David

Maybe you could try:
dpkg --get-selections > selections.txt

which will save a list of all installed packages and their status, and:
dpkg --set-selections < selections.txt

then install the system with:
apt-get install

If all you want is the same packages in a re-install then this will most likely work (even if you want to install the same packages on a different system).

As far as a Woody net-install CD, prehaps you could try something like Bonzai Linux.  I seem to remember that it is a "tweaked" Woody net-install cd.  Google should turn up something on Bonzai.

Good luck,
Preston