Re: Programming language for financial modeling

Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1@gmail.com> writes:

> I am thinking about learning a programming or a scripting language.
> The eventual goal to to use it for financial modeling, which would
> eventually mean some use/knowledge of a database software. This would
> be my first foray in programing. Any suggestions?

[PS] How to write a financial contract SL Peyton Jones and JM. Eber
File Format: Adobe PostScript - View as Text
sequence of examples in Haskell, we show that these combinators can
indeed be ... An im- plementation will consist of a financial model,
together with some ...
research.microsoft.com/Users/simonpj/Papers/financial-contracts/pj-eber.ps
- Similar pages

    [PS] Composing contracts: an adventure in financial engineering
    File Format: Adobe PostScript - View as Text
    We sketch an implementation of our combinator library in
    Haskell. ... An implementation will consist of a financial model,
    associated to some discrete nu- ...
    research.microsoft.com/Users/simonpj/Papers/financial-contracts/contracts-icfp.ps.gz - Similar pages

--- 2 haskell refs for ya... good luck