Re: Debian crashes - IPv6 error?

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 11:20:21AM IST, Philipp Röthl
<philipp@roethl.net> incoherently babbled:

> > Are you using IPv6 at all?
> Not that I know. I have never configuered my system to use it.
> I just did a dist-upgrade two weeks ago, and a kernel upgrade yesterday.

What do you see when you do `/sbin/ifconfig | grep inet6`?

You can discount any IPv6 addresses with the fe80::/64 prefix, since
they are local linkback addresses which appear when you have IPv6
enabled. Discount ::1 as well, it's the IPv6 equivalent of 127.0.0.1

> No, nothing installed...
>
> Any other hints?

Well, if you're not using IPv6 and don't want to use it, you could
always disable it.

Either unload the ipv6 module by removing it from /etc/modules or
disable IPv6 by editing /etc/modules.conf and uncommenting:

alias net-pf-10 off

Either way, you're going to have to reboot the machine to disable IPv6.

--

Conall O'Brien

http://www.conall.net

GPG Key: http://www.conall.net/gpg/

"Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C mean?"