Re: eject cdrom

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:30:10 -0700 (PDT)
Enrique Morfin <enriquemorfin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument

fwiw: sometimes I get that error and the cdrom ejects fine.

what does 'eject -v /dev/cdrom' say (or other permutations of devices
you can try)? It may include some clue. fwiw I could nto eject a cdrom
earlier tonight - silly me, konqueror had a window on the cdrom open.
Yet fuser did not list any processes using the device - I find that odd.

For one, 'eject -v' will tell you if the device is currently mounted.
And do you have any abominations :) such as supermount enabled over
there?

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.