Re: how do I keep the clock from going back to UTC?

Thank you so much for figuring this problem out:

Apparently it is still a problem in the stable release.  I
created /etc/localtime as a link to /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago and
it worked great!

I did try Gentoo not too long ago, and during that installation, it was
required to set the timezone manually the same way so I should have
remembered to try that.  Just wanted to say thanks because it was causing
problems here.

Thank you,
Anthony Simonelli
Network Administrator
Aluminum Coil Anodizing Corp.
* THIS UNPUBLISHED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY CONTAIN
* TRADE SECRET INFORMATION OF ALUMINUM COIL ANODIZING
* CORPORATION. USE, TRANSFER, DISCLOSURE, OR COPYING
* WITHOUT ITS EXPRESSED WRITTEN PERMISSION IS STRICTLY
* FORBIDDEN.