Re: wvdial and US Robotics 33.6k ext modem

--- michael <linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk> wrote:

> Anybody out there successfully used a US Robotics
> 33.6k Sportster voice
> fax-modem with wvdial? If so can you send me your
> wvdial.conf (the AT
> codes part) since my (auto-setup) of the
> configuration hangs when it
> dials with 'waiting for carrier'
>
> thanks
> --
> Michael Bane
> Atmospheric Physics Group
> University of Manchester

Hi Michael,

I run both Sarge and Ubuntu, but sarge runs under kde,
which uses its own modem configuration program. So I
send you Ubuntu's wvdial.conf file. Hope it helps.

[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/modem
Baud = 115200
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0
Phone = 514-448-9555
Username = ........
Password = ........

; Prevent wvdial reconnecting after being disconnected

[Dialer noreconnect]
Auto Reconnect = off

Regards,
Jozsef Mak