Re: how do I keep the clock from going back to UTC?

On Friday 04 February 2005 11:10 pm, Spongebob wrote:
> Silly me. When I went into the KDE Control Panel, I found that the timezone
> wasn't configured. Works fine now.
>
> Strange that it got unset during the upgrade.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Spongebob,

I had exactly the same problem and STILL DO!  I assume from the above you mean
the "KDE Control Center".  I make the change there, click "Apply", and all
looks fine.  But getting out of that screen and then back into it again shows
it went back to UTC (instead of CST in my case).  No matter what I do, the
change I make does not "stick" or "take".

If you have solved the problem, what is the secret?  Did you try logging out
and back in again?  Whenever I do, it reverts back to UTC.  And even though
my /etc/timezone says "America/Chicago" and my clock can be set to that,
email on Kmail comes stamped with UTC, both incoming and outgoing.  Doing a
"tzconfig" says it is "America/Chicago" also.

Anybody?

Thanks,
Don