Re: wvdial and US Robotics 33.6k ext modem

--- Sergio Basurto Juarez <sbasurtoj@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- michael <linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 07:56 -0700, Sergio Basurto
> > Juarez wrote:
> > >
> > > --- michael <linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk>

> > Robotics
> > your

> > > Hello Michel,
> > >
> > > Did you try wvdialconf?
> > > if not try it, it configure your modem
> > atomatically.
> >
> > I believe the installation of wvdial ran this (it
> > definitely did some
> > configuration)... but the init strings in the
> > wvdial.conf don't seem to
> > work....
> Yeah I understand that part, but there is a command
> wvdialconf that generates a new wvdial.conf file if
> you run it it will configure your modem.
> Then run as root
> #wvdialconf
>
> also see manual page for the command.
>
> Regards.

I forgot to mention that in my case the default
configuration does not work, but after run wvdilaconf
it works perfectly that's why I recommend to you to
run the command.

Regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)