Problems using hal, pmount and gvm

Hi,

I seem to have problems with the mentioned components. I managed to configure hal and pmount such that an attached usbdisk gets mounted to /media. However, I don't get the device icons visible in nautilus in the computer:/// view. As I said, the disks get mounted properly and I have access but for convenience reasons I'd like to the the icons in the computer view. I believe it could have something to do with an improperly set gnome-vfs? Any hints would be nice!
Thanks in advance!
christian