Re: I am getting angry at debian mailing list.

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 09:32 pm, John Hasler wrote:
> Paul Johnson writes:
> > I'm really not sure how to dumb it down any further than the extremely
> > simple, clear six-year-old-can-do-it instructions at the foot of every
> > message, including this one.
>
> While unsubscription problems are usually PEBKAC, it is a well-known fact
> that the instructions sometimes fail.
>
> BTW, the footer is not present at the foot of your message as displayed by
> Gnus, though it is present in the file.  Looks like Gnus hides the footer
> when there's a signature.

I had the same experience with KMail.  I saw the message, with the normal
border and frame KMail gives signed messages, but the unsubscribe message
didn't show.  I laughed at the irony and was thinking of responding, but
didn't when I checked the e-mail source and saw it was KMail's gaff.

Hal