correct way to specify a new module to load on boot and add parameters

.. i am adding bonding to all my servers ethernet interfaces and I need to make the bonding module load on boot with specific parameters.  I currently modified the /etc/modules file and added my

bonding mode=active-backup primary=eth0 miimon=250

made the appropriate /etc/network/interfaces changes and reboots.. everything works perfectly.  I just want to know if I put the module stuff in the right place. It seems thatI also could have put an alias for bond0 bonding .etc. etc. in /etc/modules.conf but i wasn't sure.

which way is correct so that package updates to the system won't overwrite my config?

-Matt