Re: libimf.so not found by Intel C/C++ 9.0 compiler

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 10:45:38PM +0100, michael wrote:
> > YMMV.
>
> Not sure what YMMV means!

Your mileage may vary.

> Anyhow, you're all correct, it is a Intel lib, it is in {Intel
> compiler}/lib  and including that dir in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH does indeed
> work. And (blush) a script from Intel do set up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
> required manner.

At one point I alien'd the Intel RPMs into .tgz files instead of .deb
files.  I then installed them into /opt/stow so that it would symlink
the bin and lib contents into /opt/bin and /opt/lib, respectively.  Then
adding /opt/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig ensured that the
libs were accessible system-wide by default.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr