Re: Debian is slow on the Network

Le 28/7/2005, "Sergio Basurto Juarez" <sbasurtoj@yahoo.com> a écrit:

>--- nicolas.kosmalski@alemtid.asso.fr wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have little problem with my network speed. (i dont
>> know how do we say
>> exactly in english).
>> I explained my trouble :
>>
>> I use a java application on a window computer, which
>> do a request to my
>> debian computer; the time to give an answer is
>> nearly the 25sec. It's
>> the same thing if i do the request from all the
>> computer to my debian.
>> But if i do the request to another computer it's
>> fast!
>
>[snip]
>
>Hello Nicolas,
>
>I am working in an enviroment like yours, well my
>debian box is very fast and I do not have problems,
>can you give more detail of your configuration, also
>recommend to you that check you routing table with:
>
>route -n and see if you have define your defualt gw.
>
>are you getting your ip from a dhcp or you configure
>it manually?
>which is you network addres x.x.x.x/?
>
>In order to go ahead is important that you give more
>detail.
>
>Reagrds.
>

>--
>Sergio Basurto J.

Hello,

My gateway is defined. i have a static ip.
But the DNS server was changed, and i defined all the changemet yersteday.
 i think it's why there is some trouble. maybe?
But today all goes better, i add a host which connect to my computer into
/etc/host ans seem goes well.
I'd  like to understand what is my action that solve the pb now! (for
the future ..)

thanks a lot.!