Re: Debian is slow on the Network

--- nicolas.kosmalski@alemtid.asso.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have little problem with my network speed. (i dont
> know how do we say
> exactly in english).
> I explained my trouble :
>
> I use a java application on a window computer, which
> do a request to my
> debian computer; the time to give an answer is
> nearly the 25sec. It's
> the same thing if i do the request from all the
> computer to my debian.
> But if i do the request to another computer it's
> fast!

[snip]

Hello Nicolas,

I am working in an enviroment like yours, well my
debian box is very fast and I do not have problems,
can you give more detail of your configuration, also
recommend to you that check you routing table with:

route -n and see if you have define your defualt gw.

are you getting your ip from a dhcp or you configure
it manually?
which is you network addres x.x.x.x/?

In order to go ahead is important that you give more
detail.

Reagrds.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs