Re: installation of a package requests removal of a lot of packages

pier wrote:
Gena Batyan wrote:

I'm using unstable and I have encountered a strange situation a few times.
When trying to install a package using apt-get, it says among other
things 'following packages will be REMOVED: ...' and this list is HUGE!
I'll give an example. I'm trying to install gaim, which depends on the
package libaspell15c2
What in the name of god is going on here??? How can a package request
deinstallation of almost a complete system, most of the packages
scheduled for removal have NOTHING to do with the library.

Have you tried to do an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade before?
Or an apt-get -f install?
Sure, I'm doing it almost every day in the hope that it gets resolved.
Nothing helps