Re: xorg-x11 6.8.2.dfsg.1-4 Packages Not Found

Marc Wilson wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 12:26:15AM -0400, Robert James Kaes wrote:

Thanks.  I added those lines, did an apt-get update and then my apt-get
dselect-upgrade.  The required files all came in, but they came in from
the http://http.us.debian.org address.  Can you explain why the files
would come in now with those added mirror lines, but from a server that
failed prior to those lines being added?

Because http.us.debian.org is a round-robin DNS, referring to several
mirrors, and you were iterating through them all until you actually found
one that had all the packages you wanted.

<sigh> Just another unstable user that can't be bothered to read
debian-devel-announce, where it was announced that ftp-master was in search
of new hosting, and therefore mirrors are not updating.

Oh wow...  I guess I'm even worse than you.
I didn't realize that there were xorg packages in Debian yet.

It was my understanding that this might not be for a while because of a decision to not switch to X.org until they had finished some major redesign of their software. I guess that's changed?

Is this kind of information only available in debial-devel-announce?

I'm trying to find a mailing list that would approximate a newsletter of whats techy cool and new and coming your way in debian... Is this (debian-devel-announce) the best approximation? I hate finding out that everything I've been using is XX years outdated, it's like wearing bell bottoms to work...