Re: apt problems

Seeker5528 <seeker5528@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

> The non-us repository is not used any more so this is expected and you
> should remove non-us from your sources.list file.

You're right, I just found this out. I came across
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/06/msg00719.html that cleared
that out, in case somebody else is wondering.

>> | Reading package lists... Done
>> | W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.nerim.net unstable Release: The following signatures
>> 	couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
>> 	NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907
>> | W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>
> Package signing is enabled now. I get this error as well, but I can
> still install packages from this archive so have not worried about
> doing anything about it yet.

I went to that uri, where a message indicates how to get around this for
that particular source. Good to know nothing may be needed for some other
sources though.

[...]

> I don't know what's going on in the mirror system. I had some weirdness
> over the last 3 or 4 days where I wasn't showing any new upgrades.
> One or two days I don't think anything of it, when it stretches to 3 or
> 4 I start to wonder. Looking at the obsoleted packages in synaptic
> displayed the xorg packages as obsolete and checking the available
> versions showed that an earlier set of packages was listed as the
> current unstable release. ???

Same here, I began worrying about this yesterday, after about 6 days
without updates showing up. I don't know about xorg packages, as I'm not
using them, but the lack of updates for so long is very unusual.

> In my case I made a copy of my sources.list and used apt-spy to find
> a mirror and create a new sources list, then added contrib and non-free
> back to the created entries and added my additional repositories back
> into the new file and everything seems to be in sync again.

I did something similar by using netselect-apt and removed all my non-us
sources, and now I get through apt-get update without errors. It remains
to see what's going on with the above.

Thanks a lot!
--
Sebastian P. Luque